13 Weird Facts You Didn’t Know About Your Hair

13 Weird Facts You Didn’t Know About Your Hair

Your hair – it’s your crowning glory, your mane attraction, your tress-ed treasure. But how well do you really know it?

Beyond the brush and under the microscope, your hair holds secrets about you and the world around you that might just blow your mind. It’s not just about split ends and shampoo brands; there’s a whole world of strangeness and surprise hiding beneath that stylish haircut.

In this article, we’re going to delve into 13 weird and wonderful facts about hair that will make you look at your locks in a whole new light.

Ready for the hairy truth? Let’s unravel it strand by strand!

Weird Hair Facts

1. Human hair is virtually indestructible. Aside from its flammability, human hair decays at such a slow rate that it is practically non-disintegrative. It is resistant to many kinds of acids and corrosive chemicals.

2. Your hair contains information about what has been in your bloodstream, including minerals and drugs – this is why it can be used for drug tests.

3. Hair grows slightly faster in warm weather because heat stimulates circulation and encourages hair growth.

4. Hair is the second fastest-growing tissue in the body – only bone marrow is quicker!

5. Hair can stretch up to 30% of its original length when wet.

6. Hair can grow everywhere on the human body except for the palms of our hands, the soles of our feet, and our lips.

7. The only thing about you that can’t be identified by your hair is your gender—men’s hair and women’s hair are identical in structure.

8. The average person has about 100,000-150,000 hair strands on their head. You lose about 50 to 100 strands each day!

9. Your hair knows when you’re asleep. Hair growth slows down while you’re sleeping and changes throughout the day based on your body clock.

10. You can’t pluck one grey hair and expect two to grow back in its place. This is a myth!

11. In the Middle Ages, women used to remove nearly all their hair (even eyebrows) to accentuate the high foreheads that were considered beautiful at the time.

12. At any given time, 90% of the hairs on your scalp are growing, while the other 10% are resting.

13. All hair is dead, except for the hair that’s still inside the epidermis of your scalp.